Sunday, July 15, 2012

Congratulations, students!

I am writing this entry today with the thought of dedicating it to my students of 2011/2012 sesssion. The results for their application to the university was released last week on Thursday. And from those who have remembered to inform me of their future place of study, I got to know of some of the results.

Andrew was the first to inform me of his course. Though I had been hoping he would get UM, he received an offer to do Medicine at USM Kubang Kerian. I am happy that he's happy to get into the medical course. That's the best gift a teacher could have: to see a student moving happily into the next phase of his life, to embrace what was given with open hearts, and to plan to excel without regrets and with much exuberance. I wish you all the best, Andrew, and be the best that you can ever be. Never forget what you have learnt and gathered in KMPP and use them as your guide for your future undertakings. Remember, education is not just what's on a piece of paper.

From Andrew, I got to know that Ang and Lim (from his class) have managed to go into UM. I'm honoured, for UM is my Alma Mater. I hope these students would enjoy academic as well as student life in UM as I had when I was there. Hopefully, when they graduate, they would always be proud to be part of UM as I have been all this time.

So students,
I know many of you out there have received your own offers and are now happily planning and preparing for your new life at the varsity. Though you might not have told me, I would like to say "Congratulations!". May your varsity life be filled with education, experience, joy, happiness, friendship and love. Challenge yourself to the limits of your being and be the best that you can ever be. Have a wonderful varsity life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to respond?