Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Penang Youth Park & Botanical Garden

Penang Island is one place in the world that I love visiting. I'm actually thankful that the island is easily accessible to me in terms of time and distance, giving me the opportunity to visit it whenever I feel like it.

Among the places that I frequently visit in Penang are the Youth Park and the Botanical Garden. These are the places where I spend my time exercising.  They are the green lungs for me. Whenever life is so suffocating, visiting these places either for exercise or for pleasure often send me home rejuvenated and lively, as if tons and tons of oxygen have been blown into my own lungs.

I love the Youth Park for being the Youth Park. It's green, with lots of trees; and most importantly, it has everything for everyone. There's one big field for any physical activities, like football or just a tug-of-war. Then next to it is the mini auditorium for Family Day gatherings and singing competitions.

Well, if any of these do not appeal to you, go further in where there's a playground especially for children. But adults can be here too, for there're some exercising equipments for your disposal. Further in by the toilet is a field for archery and  a skateboard rink. If you turn left from the toilet, you'll come to the pools. There're about 4 of them, with one big pool for adults.

If water and the greeneries do not attract you as well, head to the jogging tracks or go hiking; the latter is one of my favourite activities.

Here're some visuals of the Youth Park.

 The green trees. My green lungs.


 The spacious field


 Another view of the park

 Playground for children, and adults too!

Well, the park actually have some small gardens. This is one of them.

Botanical Garden lies about 3km north of the Youth Park. This is another green lung for Penang. The attraction here is the plant and tree species, and of course the monkeys! Beware of them , though, for they could attack you especially if you are giving them food. They do really have a big appetite. These monkeys are also known to have accosted female joggers so make sure you are not alone.

Despite that, Botanical Garden is still an attraction to me. I love the vastness of the place, the gurgling sound of water in the creek, and in certain months of the year, the colour of the flowers.

Here's a glimpse of this favourite spot of mine:


 I was trying to capture the sun rays, actually!

 One of my favourite corners

 I like to call this "the green meadows"

Trees, grass and the river (in the background, below the small bridge)

The greeneries - soothing to the eyes


Do these pictures attract you? If they do, come down to Penang!
See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to respond?